My Paris Museum Guide


It seems as if everyone I know was in Paris recently or are in the process of planning a trip there. I was lucky enough to spend a few weeks in the City of Lights studying abroad a few years ago and spent a LOT of time in museums. Because of this, I've been asked a lot about what museums I recommend seeing, so I've decided to compile my own guide. 

1. The Louvre - If Ancient art, Renaissance art, and Beyonce are your thing? Go for it. It's huge and overwhelming at times but it has a fantastic collection. If you go, don't miss the Egyptian collection! Amazing! Just know there are other great options if you want something slightly smaller. 


2. Musée d'Orsay - Personally, this is where I would go if you only have time to visit one museum. They have the largest collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works in the world. Everything from Monet, Degas, Renoir, and Van Gogh. It's a dream!






3. Musée Rodin - I LOVE this museum! I think I went at least three times while I was in Paris. You get the chance to see the progression of Rodin's career, which is so rare and really gives insight into his work.  




4. Musée Picasso - I admittedly have mixed feelings about Picasso but man this is one stunning museum. I feel like its underrated for the mainstream tourist but is accessible enough for anyone. Like the Musée Rodin, it also gives a great span of Picasso's entire career. The building itself is a converted chateau and is stunning. 



5. Musée l'Orangerie - My other personal favorite museum in all of Paris. Famous for having Monet's Water Lilies, which are seriously breath taking, the museum also has other fantastic Impressionist works. Plus, you can get a ticket that gets you into both here and the Musée d'Orsay. 


6. Centre Pompidou - Modern and contemporary art more your thing? This is the place for you! You literally can see the origins of modern art here. 

Hope this brief guide will be helpful to any of you out there planning a trip to Paris soon! 

XO,
Chloe 




Comments

Popular Posts